Monday, July 28, 2008

Fantastic Weekend!

How was your weekend?

Mine was fantastic! A totally carefree weekend, no stress, no worries, no inhibitions!

On Sat, met up with Darling to go shopping at Far East. Just 3 shops, and the damage done was simply great! A total loot of 1 coat, 3 shoes, 2 tops, 5 dresses caused my wallet to be lighter by the hundreds! =) Thank goodness I did not shop during the GSS period, otherwise, 后果不堪设想 .

We followed up with a trip down to the National Arts Museum as there were performances there as part of the Night Festival 2008. As the National Arts Museum was open during the period of time, and free entry, I might like to add, we headed in, took lotsa pictures as possible. Or rather, as many pictures as my camera batt could support. =P Too bad I did not charge up the battery before leaving the place, hence the battery did not last THAT long.

Here're some of the items from the Museum that were on display (pictures taken by Darling):

















What we saw at the Night Festival:













Caught an open air screening of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was the classic version, not the one that was acted by Johnny Depp. Each version has its own merits, but what I simply love about this is it's atmosphere! =) Watching old films with fun loving people, in a open air cinema whereby they would have to change the film reels.

After which, there was a play of lights on the building. Here's one of them. To see more, visit:
http://keropokman.blogspot.com/2008/07/national-museum-of-singapore-oh-how.html
http://keropokman.blogspot.com/2008/07/national-museum-of-singapore-changes.html
http://keropokman.blogspot.com/2008/07/national-museum-of-singapore-transforms.html



On Sunday, was supposed to be down for the Nationals Competition weigh-in at National Training Centre at 2pm. Met Luke to pick Val at her place, during the journey which Luke was reminded that the verification documentations for some of our fighters were still with him.

In short, taxi uncle drove us from: Bedok - Telok Kurau - Bedok - Whampo (Val & myself only had to pay $4.50 each!) haha.. =P

As there was no training that evening, met up with Del. Went to the Seventh Storey Hotel @ Bugis just to simply look at the man-operated lift! It's so damn cool, and the uncle is so friendly and cute! =P Chilled out at Intercontinental Hotel, followed by 2 movies (Art of the Devil 3 & X-Files: I Want to Believe) and Zouk!


3 things I did that I've never before so far that I've lived: Going to a Hotel just to look at a particular feature (it had usually been food or drinks), 2 consecutive movies in the Cinemas on a weekend, as well as Zouking on a Sunday night! Just for Paul Van Dyke, who spins good! =) I can believe that I stayed till 3am, but I can't believe that I did get up in time for work, and am still at normal energy level!

If only every weekend is like that… *dreams*

No comments:

Post a Comment