Saturday, June 28, 2008

Reason?

What makes one decide to do the things he or she does?

People around her? Surroundings around her? The things that are being said around her? The work that she is doing?

It's the time of the year, whereby I am busy again... Oh yes, third time that I'm doing this, getting ready the company's accounting items in place for the auditor.

Closing of the financial year, appraisals being done, bonuses being given out, people tendering (oh yes, trust me, definitely).

I had once had the same thinking, to say ciao to the company once I've gotten my first bonus. Subsequently, giving myself more excuses to linger around more - to get non-prorated bonus, can't leave the company as when the financial year is closing etc etc etc.

This year? My goal? Running out of excuses, thinking whether it's time to move on... But then again, to ditch the company now, I can't really bear to do so. It's not because of my colleagues, not because of responsibility, but then again, it might be.

Financial wise, yes, it has been a motivating factor. Boss, another deciding factor. Work that is being piled on me, yet another factor. Responsibility, definitely.

I wonder, what would make me go : Argh, screw it all. Boss, I wanna go. Quite a number of times I had wanted to say that, but did not say it in the end. Getting out of the rough patch that I was going through, thanks to those who know better that to pry, but still concerned enough for me.

What then, is the PUSH to make people go? Or the PULL for people to stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment