Friday, January 23, 2009

Phone Etiquette



You know, I do think that people need to be taught what is phone etiquette. Some people think that talking loudly (I'm guilty cos I've got a loud voice) means that the other party can hear clearly (not of this though), whereas some think that just because the other party has a mobile phone, the person is contactable 24/7.

I've called companies whereby the person who answered the phone as if it was his personal line, making me ask if I did get the company directly. This also happened in my company. There has also been cold calls made to our company whereby the caller was so ultra soft that I had to maximize the volume over on my side while asking her to speak up.

I'm sure you have you pet peeves of what people do to piss you off, at least on the phone side, be it the land line, or mobile phone.

There shall be a post dedicated to the etiquette that people should follow, once I've complied a list of what are the do and don'ts that work... At least for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment